Program evaluation and applied research have become integral parts of state and federally funded programs as the government and other funding agencies have become increasingly interested in accountability and best practices. However, community-based programs are often priced out of the evaluation market dominated by large for-profit firms and university-based research centers. MCRC was created to fill that void and to provide affordable research, assessment, and evaluation services to community-based organizations in the region and around the nation.
MCRC is an applied research and evaluation team based out of Clayton, Missouri. We work with clients to offer research and evaluation methods that are customized to the goals of the project. Reports are practical with recommendations for implementation that resonate with all stakeholders. Strong background in evaluation of substance use prevention, behavioral health, education, mental health, minority issues, immigrant health, community-based programs in diverse setting, crime & delinquency. MCRC has multilingual capabilities and offers unique perspectives and sensitivities that are invaluable when working with diverse groups and populations.
MCRC areas of expertise include technical assistance in:
- Evaluation Training: "Outcome" and "Performance" Measurement are buzzwords used by both the public and private sectors. Government and private grantors often decide to allocate and/or continue financial support based on measured performance outcomes and community impact. As a rule, evaluation should be conducted by a credentialed external evaluator.
- Reporting: MCRC staff create quality reports that their clients can use to present their findings in local and national venues. We can analyze data quantitatively (using statistical analysis) and qualitatively, and can present the results using text, tables and graphics, or web-based presentations. Our evaluation reporting offers concise presentation of research results. We use written reports, public presentations, and individual briefings to clearly communicate with our evaluation audiences. Our services include interim reporting as well as final reports that summarize all findings.
- Literature review
- Needs Assessment: We can help you to use evaluation results to provide make effective decisions about future program planning.
- Strategic & Action Planning: MCRC has developed a rigorous evaluation planning process that ensures that resources, contextual factors, and proposed activities are identified and linked to measurable outcomes. From this planning process emerges a clear program design and explicit theory of program impact. MCRC helps its clients evaluate their program's theory in light of research and current best practices.
- Program Evaluation: We will work with you to design and implement an evaluation, to analyze the data, to present the findings in various media, and to use the findings to streamline your program. We can help you from the earliest stages of program design through your final program evaluation.
- Survey Research: We will work with you to develop, distribute, analyze, and report on paper and online surveys. MCRC staff possess considerable expertise in developing and using both qualitative and quantitative approaches. MCRC staff include experts on several standardized and normed instruments.
- Process Improvement: The goal of program evaluation is continuous improvement. MCRC staff work closely with its clients on making data driven decisions which lead to higher quality program services.
- Other Evaluation and Social Research Issues: We can help you with other evaluation, research or statistical issues not discussed here. Our staff would be happy to discuss how we can help you with other evaluation and social research issues that are not listed above.
- Data Collection, Management, and Analysis We will develop a data management system that will help you to organize and manage your data efficiently. MCRC staff include data collection specialists, database developers, and statisticians who assist clients in the development and implementation of functional data collection systems. MCRC staff use appropriate technologies, including the Internet, to assist in data collection, monitoring, and analysis.
- Human Service Information & Services
- Focus Groups: We will work with you to plan focus groups, facilitate them, and analyze focus group results.
We can help you with other evaluation, research or statistical issues not discussed here. Our staff would be happy to discuss how we can help you with other evaluation and social research issues that are not listed above.